Requirements for the Interview at Home Affairs:
For South African Citizens entering into a Civil Marriage or Union with a Non-South African Citizen
REQUIREMENTS FOR INTERVIEWS FOR THE EXISTANCE OF SPOUSAL RELATIONSHIP/LIFE PARTNER AGREEMENT BETWEEN RSA CITIZENS AND FOREIGN PARTNERS:
From the South African Citizen:
- South African Barcoded Identity Document
- Valid Passport, with a valid stay in the republic or valid asylum seeker permit.
- Asylum seeker permits must be verified before the interview can be conducted
- Letter of no impediment from the country of origin should be valid with the letterhead
- Must not be older than 6 Months
- Proof of Labola in writing by both families (where applicable)
- Affidavit by both partners – attesting to their marital status, commissioned at the police station.
- (And stating there was no labola paid if applicable, otherwise number 4 applies: proof of lobola in writing by both families).
- Parent (SA Spouse) must accompany the couple for the interview
- Parent to bring along their South African Identification Document
- Certified Identity Documents of both partners ( not older than 3 Months)